Thursday, February 19, 2009

Insect eating plant from Indonesia

During my recent visit to Indonesia, I was fascinated by this plant. If you look closely (click on the photo to see full size), you will see that the fruit is covered by tentacles which have a poison tip. This gives out a fruity smell which attracts insects - the poor creatures die before reaching their destination, killed by the deadly poison, juices sucked dry by the carnivorous plant.
Oh my God!! Is this a dream? I haven't ever been to Indonesia and this photo is definitely in my Camera, so what the hell is going on?
Wake up! This weird looking fruit was hanging from a creeper in Indira Nagar, Bangalore at an unkempt park. This reinforced my belief that a photographer should carry a ready camera - all the time - maybe take it to dreams too :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: